Expression of Interest: Principal Recipient of Global Fund Grants in Ghana
The CCM is in the process of developing a funding request for submission to the Global Fund by May 25, 2020 for approval and grant-making. For this reason, the CCM requests the expression of interest (EOI) from institutions or organizations as Principal Recipient (PR) for HIV, Tuberculosis, Malaria, health and community systems interventions.
The prospective PR(s) must have strong financial management systems; institutional and programmatic capacity; strong monitoring and evaluation system; procurement and supply management structures. Selected PR(s) will be subjected to final screening and evaluation by the Local Fund Agent (LFA) of the Global Fund to ensure that it has these minimum capacities to perform the functions. Applicants are informed that an EOI is only an intention and not a commitment for selection by the CCM. The CCM will make a final decision on the selection.
Responsibilities of the PR
The PR shall assume programmatic management responsibility and financial accountability for the Global Fund financed program through the LFA appointed by the Global Fund. Under the oversight of the CCM, the responsibilities of the PR include:
- Receiving and managing the funds from the Global Fund
- Overseeing the implementation of programs
- Making efficient arrangements for disbursement of funds to sub-recipients
- Reporting on results to the Global Fund in accordance with the grant agreement
- Reporting to the CCM with programmatic and financial progress up-date.
Eligibility and selection criteria
Organizations submitting EOIs should preferably have experience in international grant management as per the specified areas of HIV/AIDS, Tuberculosis, Malaria, Health systems and community systems strengthening. Interested organisations and institutions must provide information demonstrating that they fulfil the required criteria and have the relevant experience to be nominated as potential PR for the Global Fund grant. The following information must be submitted:
- A cover letter addressed to the CCM Chair indicating their expression of interest as a potential PR for the TB/HIV grant; 2) Brief description of organization (broad goals and objectives, established date, how organization is governed, how programs are administered); 3) Organization’s capacity statement (describe the qualifications and competencies within the organization and briefly describe the professional expertise of staff. Provide organizational chart); 4) Brief description of health-related activities along with geographical locations (previous experience in similar projects, accomplishments and indication of geographical area of work); 5) Provide information on the financial management systems and capacities of the organization, including experience in managing large grants; 6) Internal control mechanisms to prevent and detect misuse of funds or fraud; 7) Monitoring and evaluation Plan for an ongoing project; 8) Procurement and supply chain systems; 9) Demonstrated capacity and systems for selecting prospective Sub-Recipients (SRs) and ensure effective management and oversight; 10) Provide copies of organisation’s registration documents; 11) Most recent annual organisation report; 12) Most recent audit report(s).
Deadline for submission